Sunday, January 30, 2011

Music My Life

Something most of my friends have in common, or at least I would like to think: lOve Of music...

There is music for Every situation and every situation requires Music. I have the most eclectic taste and would say that I like all kinds of music, at least each style has a few great artists! The only thing I avoid is pure mainstream, the top 100... maybe my spirit of contradiction, my quest for the rare and the precious. I will try through this blog to take you on my search to new music all the time. It can be the result of real research sometimes, hours spent scrolling through youtube and deezer.

A title that goes well with the theme of the day: "Music my Life". I discovered Degg J Force 3, a Guinee-Conakry hip hop group through my friend Sekou Keita, son of Mamady Keita, whom is a friend of the guy dressed in white on the beach. I love the rough-ness of this guys voice and think that the whole production shows how advanced music in Africa is and has always been... they can even produce clips that look like the US ones! Enjoy...



No comments: