Friday, August 26, 2011

How important is money?


People who know me will probably tell you that I have a hole in my hands. It seems I was born with this condition but funnily enough I have rarely in my life been dependant on anyone for money and have never really gotten myself into debts or anything like that. I have lived on the edge, but always knew when to close the tap.

I love beautiful things (I think I have told you that before) and love good food. This results in living in a beautiful loft, shopping for organic food at Delhaize, driving a coupe car, wearing Chacok and Reminiscence. At the same time though, I hate mainstream snobs, don’t feel the need for a Louis Vuitton bag, Jimmy Choo shoes, clothes by Armani or glasses from Gucci. If you catch me wearing one of these brands, it would be because I genuinely think it is a good product.

When I acquire an expensive and beautiful item I don’t like to separate from it again. I dread the idea that the shoes will wear off, the clothes will change in the washing,... I am very cautious and careful with my things. This should never be mistaken with materialism. I am not infatuated with money or objects whatsoever. I get over the loss of any of my belongings fairly quickly, unless they have particular sentimental values (like my stolen jewelry)…

I love money because it makes things possible. It can get you around the world, opens doors. Mila is a lucky girl to have parents that earn enough money to ensure the fun part in her life, as well as her education. I love to spend money on others, on the people I love. Much more satisfying than walking around shopping or filling my cupboards with useless stuff…

I always wanted to be a adventurer with nothing with a toothbrush in her suitcase…



No comments: